NeSI empowers New Zealand researchers to tackle large or highly complicated problems and to investigate scientific challenges that were previously impossible.
Twenty case studies were published in 2018, highlighting the ways NeSI resources, support, and expertise delivered impact and benefit to the New Zealand research sector.
Click the linked titles below to learn more.
- Finding genetic help for Māori health
- Optimising tools used for genetic analysis
- Computer models could help reduce surgery cancellations
- Powering global climate simulations
- Simulating earthquakes for a safer future
- Taking machine learning further
- Understanding environmental processes on a microbial level
- Supporting new innovations in image processing
- Providing global context to the marine methane paradox
- Controlling invasive predators with local research
- Tracking coastal precipitation systems in the tropics
- Understanding the rupture process of the Kaikōura earthquake
- Investigating climate sensitivity
- Growing the NZ Carpentries Community
- Model reveals islands at risk of coastal flooding
- Addressing key questions in evolution
- Bose Einstein condensate may reveal supersolid’s secrets
- Squeezing performance from community code SPECFEM3D
- Next generation weather analysis tools
- Bridging gaps and building collaborations within NZ research communities