Accessing NeSI platforms and support during COVID-19 Alert Level 4
Like many of you, the NeSI team has transitioned to work from home in response to New Zealand entering Alert Level 4 lockdown for COVID-19.
NeSI's HPC platform and Data Transfer platform are available to support your research at this time and these resources are among the essential services NeSI is providing to research teams working on the COVID-19 response. If you are involved COVID-19 response work and your project could benefit from NeSI resources or support, please get in touch and we will do our best to assist in any way possible.
During the Alert Level 4 lockdown period, NeSI Support will be investigating any system issues and/or resolving problems remotely, and if you need assistance with accessing the platforms, or have questions about any of NeSI’s other services or your NeSI account, our regular channels for support remain open:
If a system issue can not be fixed remotely, an outage may occur until normal support services are resumed. Sign up for NeSI system status updates for advance warning of any system updates or unplanned outages.
User Training & New User On-boarding
- NeSI's next training webinar will host Murray Cadzow from the University of Otago on Tuesday 21 April (12:00 - 1:00 pm) to share tips on how RMarkdown can be used to create clear, reproducible analyses. Register here. To stay notified of upcoming webinars, subscribe to NeSI’s mailing list.
- NeSI team members assisted Genomics Aotearoa with delivering an online Genomics Data Carpentry workshop on 31 March - 01 April. Due to the high level of interest in this session, a repeat workshop is being considered. Details will be shared via NeSI's mailing list. To stay notified when details are confirmed, subscribe to NeSI's mailing list.
- If you missed NeSI's training webinar delivered on 26 March, titled Genomics Workflows: How CWL can streamline your research, you can view a recording and the presentation slides here.
- Introductory “Getting Started on NeSI” workshops for new users (or those who would like a refresh) will now be delivered online at 1:00 PM on Wednesdays effective immediately. To receive the Zoom videoconference link for these sessions, please contact NeSI Support.
- If you are unable to join us on Wednesdays, please contact Support and we can investigate an alternate time for an individual on-boarding session.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during these next few weeks. NeSI remains committed to supporting your research and doing our best to ensure our platforms and services remain accessible to you and your teams.