Otago Bioinformatics Spring School
Genomics Aotearoa and NeSI are proud supporters of the Bioinformatics Spring School 2021 being organised by Otago Carpentries.
This is an intensive one week, in-person course tackling the basics of bash and R, high performance computers and genomics analysis (DNA Variant calling, Genotyping-by-Sequencing, RNA-seq and eDNA).
Is this for me?
This event is designed to give researchers (including students - 4th year and above) the opportunity to learn about and practice some bioinformatic skills. We’ll be covering bioinformatic workflows such as:
- DNA variant calling from next generation sequence data
- Genotype-by-Sequencing analysis (i.e. RAD-Sequencing)
- RNA-sequencing differential expression analysis
- Environmental DNA analysis
along with computational topics such as:
- Introduction to the Unix commandline (Bash)
- Introduction to R
- Introduction to working in a high performance computing environment (provided by NeSI)
For more information and a link to register your expression of interest please visit the event website.
Expressions of interest close at 5:00 pm on 1 September 2021.