HPC Australasia CUDA Bootcamp
The CUDA Bootcamp is an exciting and unique way for scientists and researchers to learn the skills needed to start quickly accelerating codes on GPUs. Held as a free virtual event across three days (7-9 October 2020), this bootcamp will introduce you to GPU memory hierarchy, CUDA thread programming, and debugging and profiling.
This event is presented by the Australasian HPC Centres -- NeSI, Pawsey Supercomputing Centre, and NCI -- and is open to all users from New Zealand and Australia.
For more information and to apply to participate, visit the CUDA Bootcamp Event Registration page.
Application Deadline: 28 September 2020
Please note the agenda given below is tentative and may change slightly between now and 7-9 October.
7 Oct 2020 ( 11:30 am – 2:30 pm Aust Eastern Standard Time )
- Welcome (Moderator): (11:30 am – 11:45 am)
- Connecting to Hackathon cluster (11:45 am -12:15 pm)
- CUDA 101 (12:15 – 1:15 pm)
- GPU Memory Hierarchy ( 1:15 – 2:30 )
- GPU Memory Hierarchy evolution
- Global memory
8 Oct 2020 ( 11:30 am – 2:30 pm Aust Eastern Standard Time )
- GPU Memory Hierarchy ( 11:30 – 12:30 )
- Shared Memory
- CUDA Thread Programming (12:30 – 2:30)
- GPU Occupancy
- Atomic operation
- Mixed precision
9 Oct 2020 ( 11:30 am – 2:30 pm Aust Eastern Standard Time )
- CUDA Thread Programming (11:30 – 12:30)
- Warp Divergence and Warp Synchronous programming
- Debugging and Profiling(12:30 – 2:30)
- CUDA Sanitizer
- Nsight profiling Compute: Roofline Analysis