Call for Volunteers: Explore the opportunities & applications of HPC by volunteering at the Cray User Group Meeting in Auckland this October!
This October, NeSI is partnering with the National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research (NIWA) to host the Cray User Group (CUG) 2020 meeting in Auckland from 25-29 October 2020. Hosted annually, CUG meetings gather staff and users of select Cray and HPE systems worldwide for presentations by HPC experts, as well as valuable technical sessions, tutorials, and demonstrations.
Would you like to be part of the event?
The CUG 2020 organisers are seeking volunteers to assist with some of the event prep on the day prior to the conference as well as assist with logistics during the week. In exchange for donating their time, selected volunteers are welcome to attend program sessions during the week as well as the Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evening social events.
To apply for a volunteer role, please complete the short form here.
Example volunteer tasks include:
- preparing delegate bags and name badges
- assisting with delegate checkin at registration table
- attendance counts for each session room
- guiding delegates to buses for transport to/from Auckland War Memorial (Wed evening social event only)
A breakdown of the specific times volunteers are needed is listed below. Note: You don't need to be available for all of the times listed below -- volunteers available for single days or for portions of the time ranges listed below wlil also be considered.
- Saturday, 24 October, from 9am - 2pm
- Sunday, 25 October, from 12-3pm and/or from 3-7pm
- Monday, 26 October, from 8am - noon (12pm), and/or from 12-4pm
- Tuesday, 27 October, from 8am - noon (12pm), and/or 12-4pm
- Wednesday, 28 October, from 8am - noon (12pm), and/or 12-4pm
- Wednesday, 28 October, from 5-10pm
If you have questions about the event or the volunteer duties, please contact email@example.com.