ResBaz Aotearoa 2022 programme live - 45+ sessions, including some from the NeSI Team
ResBaz Aotearoa 2022, a week-long series of digital research skills sessions, has opened registration and is featuring 45+ free and online sessions running from 14-18 November. All Aotearoa researchers and postgraduate research students from ANY discipline are invited to look at the schedule and book for individual sessions.
The programme is a mix of short and long sessions:
- Short sessions offer a brief practical introduction to a broad selection of topics and tools related to digital research practice relevant across disciplines – research data management, Linux commandline, open access, writing in LaTeX, research compute, Tidy Data, Open Refine, creating surveys with Qualtrics, qualitative analysis with NVivo, working with social media data, cybersecurity, and Māori Data Sovereignty.
- Longer sessions provide a hands-on learning experience delivered by research staff and postgraduate students in a range of topics – Google Earth Engine, R and RStudio, HPC, building personal websites, Julia programming language, visual abstracts... and much more.
Throughout the week, sessions are being delivered by academic and professional staff and postgraduate students from across the research community. Look for NeSI team members in these ones:
Day 2 - Tuesday 15 November
11:00 am - 12:00 pm - What is NeSI? New Zealand's National High Performance Computer - Register here.
1:00 - 2:50 pm - Creating Professional LaTeX Reports Without Losing Hair - Register herer
Day 4 - Thursday 17 November
- 1:00 - 2:50 pm - Bash for High Performance Computing - Register here
Day 5 - Friday 18 November
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm - Stop Paying for Free Software: Creating a LaTeX Pipeline for Collaboration - Register here
- 1:00 - 1:50 pm - High Performance Computations with Multithreading - Register here
- 1:00 - 4:00 pm - Introduction to High Performance Computing with NeSI - Register here
- 2:00 - 2:50 pm - Parallel Programming with MPI - Register here
For more information and to view the full schedule, visit the ResBaz Aotearoa 2022 website.
ResBaz Aotearoa 2022 is a collaboration between the University of Auckland, Victoria University of Wellington, University of Otago and the Beyond Prediction: Explanatory and Transparent Data Science Programme.