Job opportunity: Senior HPC Cloud Platform DevOps Engineer
We are seeking a Senior HPC Cloud Platform DevOps Engineer to join our passionate team on a full-time, permanent basis. As a Senior HPC Cloud Platform DevOps Engineer, you will provide technical expertise and services to support the build and operations of the New Zealand eScience Infrastructure’s platforms nationally.
Applications must be submitted online by the closing date of Monday 25 April 2022 to be considered.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the operations and integration of HPC and Cloud platforms within NeSI’s national infrastructure, providing compute, data, and other eScience activities enabling services to researchers and partner organisations across New Zealand’s science community, optimising availability, efficiency and effectiveness of the national infrastructure.
You will also, bring a keen awareness of developments in the HPC and IT arenas, and contribute to strategies and plans, often leading or providing subject matter expertise into implementation projects that enhance NeSI services.
For more information on the role, please view the position description.
He kōrero mōu | About you
Our ideal candidate for the role will bring:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and experience
- Experience in the design, specification, implementation, and operation of distributed computing and/or data services based on Linux and/or Unix, preferably with some having been mission-critical services.
- Experience in a science and/or research computing environment
- Results orientated with a collaborative nature
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou | What we offer
The University of Auckland is dedicated to providing an excellent and stimulating environment for its employees which ensures a healthy work-life balance through:
- Five weeks’ annual leave per annum
- Up to 6.75% employer superannuation contribution.
- 37.5 hours working week
- Flexible employment practices
- Additional parental leave payments
- Discounted, onsite childcare, parking and various leisure and recreation services.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Click here to view the full posting and to apply online. Applications must be submitted online by Monday 25 April 2022 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document.