Join NeSI and partners for another online 'pick and mix' version of ResBaz!
The Research Bazaar is a worldwide festival promoting the digital literacy emerging at the centre of modern research. Usually, the format is a multi-day cohort event full of digital skills workshops, social activities that build communities, and amazing food.
However, given the circumstances in New Zealand, a number of training partners in the sector have joined forces to deliver a ResBaz pick and mix online version for all Aotearoa New Zealand researchers and postgraduate research students.
ResBaz 2021: Pick and Mix is a collaboration between the University of Auckland, Victoria University of Wellington, and NeSI. It will run from 22-26 November and feature sessions on a wide and diverse range of topics!
You'll spot the NeSI Team in the programme, hosting these sessions:
- 23 Nov - Machine Learning 101 | 4:00pm - 5:30pm by Maxime Rio
- 23 Nov - Creating professional LaTex reports without losing hair | 9:30 - 12:00pm by Eirian Perkins
- 24 Nov - Genomic data management: tips and tricks | 11 - 12pm co-hosted by Dinindu Senanayake
- 25 Nov - HPC Carpentry | 9:30 - 12:00pm by Callum Walley, Anthony Shaw, and Wes Harrell
- 25 Nov - Version Control for documents and code | 2:20 - 5:00pm co-hosted by Callum Walley
- 26 Nov - High performance computations with multithreading | 1:00 - 2:00pm by Gene Soudlenkov
- 26 Nov - Parallel programming with MPI | 2:30 - 3:30pm by Gene Soudlenkov