Job opportunity: Poutaki Tā Pukapuka – Raraunga / Product Manager – Data
NeSI has an exciting opportunity for a Poutaki Tā Pukapuka / Product Manager to provide expertise and leadership to support product and service design and development. This role focuses specifically on NeSI’s data services in support of researchers, and on data describing the value of the research we support and hence our impact as an investment.
Applications must be submitted online by 21 November 2021.
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi | About this role
The role has a broad scope working into specific research communities on enabling environments, policies, and tools. Specific recent work has involved data management of genomic data across all species, a growing focus on clinical data used in research, growing and evolving confidence and competence to support Māori Data Sovereignty, a focus on improving NeSI’s impact story supported by data on grants, publications, and other measures of return on investment, and a lift in NeSI’s posture and approaches to security and data privacy.
The Product Manager role, whilst employed by the University of Auckland, is a national position, driving evolution of products and services in meeting users’ needs within a team of world class experts in applying computational methods and tools.
He kōrero mōu | About you
Successful candidates will be able to convincingly demonstrate:
- Experience working with teams involved in research
- 5+ years of experience in a customer facing role managing user requirements and relationships
- Relevant qualifications in user centred design, product management, or information sciences
- Interest in Linux or specific research computing or data environments, products, or services will stand you in good stead
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou | What we offer
As a member of a team providing national solutions in the high-performance computing and eScience or eResearch domain, you will have the opportunity to work with colleagues across the country and internationally to develop and deliver a state-of-the art eScience infrastructure. While there is a core of advanced infrastructure technology offering advanced levels of performance and sophisticated features, as a team we’re even more passionate about the people, relationships, skills, and practices that can move research forward.
If you’re interested in picking up a national challenge and being a part of something unique, then this role may be for you!
The University of Auckland is dedicated to providing an excellent and stimulating environment for its employees which ensures a healthy work-life balance through:
- Five weeks’ annual leave per annum
- Up to 6.75% employer superannuation contribution
- Over 300 different career development courses and programmes
- Discounted parking and various leisure and recreation services
- A diverse and inclusive working environment
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
For more information and to apply online, visit the Univeristy of Auckland job posting.