Job opportunity: DevOps and Integration Programmer
NeSI has an exciting opportunity for a DevOps and Integration Programmer to join our team. In this role, you will design and implement a suite of open-source products underpinning and integrating NeSI’s services into high performance computing and data analytics services. This position is full-time and fixed-term for 12 months.
Applications must be submitted online by 31 October 2021.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
As part of a small team of software engineers, you will contribute in product development, translating researcher and sector needs into the evolution of NeSI’s services, implementing services which improve outcomes for researchers and stakeholders.
As a DevOps professional your ability to wrangle service-oriented infrastructure will be a key asset in the team and see you playing a major role in the design, build, operations, and evolution of the support infrastructure underpinning NeSI’s product delivery.
- Define and implement automation and processes to enable the product team to deploy, manage, configure, scale and monitor their applications locally and in the cloud
- Providing responsive support to issues and incidents escalated to the product development team
- Perform requirements analysis for new services or enhancement
- Software and data product development supporting NeSI’s pipeline of products, lifting quality and enhancing value delivered to researchers
For more detailed information, please refer to the position description.
He kōrero mōu | About you
Our ideal candidate will have a relevant tertiary qualification and/or considerable industry experience with demonstrated experience in a programming, integration, and DevOps/GitOps focused role.
Ideally you will have Full-stack software development and/or integration/customisation experience across various languages with distributed or cloud solutions/service development experience.
As a software engineer your love of shaping technology will have a direct impact on the future of NeSI. You’ll bring your DevOps expertise to product integration and customisation efforts, ensuring CI/CD methodologies are followed, from infrastructure-as-code to continuous release. You’ll be immersed in all elements of adaptive and agile development practices, and be comfortable working across a multi-site distributed team.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
- High level analytical, conceptual, and problem resolution skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Working knowledge of distributed systems and common networking protocols.
- Proficiency in deployment and operation of software platforms via common cloud infrastructures.
- Practical understanding of container-based software delivery.
- Strong Linux skills relevant to open software development and deployment.
- Expertise in the use, configuration and software-pipeline integration of CI/CD environments, and test-driven development frameworks.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou | What we offer
We offer an opportunity within New Zealand’s leading University that will have a positive impact on the lives of students. We also offer:
- Five weeks’ annual leave per annum
- Up to 6.75% employer superannuation contribution
- Over 300 different career development courses and programmes
- Discounted parking and various leisure and recreation services
- A diverse and inclusive working environment
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
For more information and to apply online, visit the Univeristy of Auckland job posting.