Job opportunity: Business Operations Manager
NeSI has an exciting opportunity available to join our team as a Business Operations Manager. If you’re interested in leading edge technology and scientific research, this senior operational management role may be your next move.
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of 16 August 2021 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and/or CV highlighting how you can meet the skills and experiences detailed above. More details about the position are listed below.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
Working closely with the Director, you’ll support the strategic planning process and manage the operational activities linked to the strategic plan. This will see you leading the business operations team (primarily Agile Practice/Portfolio and Site Managers) working both locally and embedding within key partners to ensure they have the clarity of direction, resources, training, and support to perform in their roles.
- Effectively manage relationships with research sector partners, collaborators and key stakeholders, across finance & investment, human resources, and legal contracts.
- Support the NeSI Board in their governance over NeSI, including in setting strategy and holding to account for performance.
- Contribute to the development of external funding applications and research contract proposals.
- Manage finances across the partnership in line with funding and agreements on return on investment for partners and stakeholders.
For more detailed information, please refer to the position description.
He kōrero mōu | About you
Our ideal candidate will have previous experience in a senior business operational management role and be comfortable working within an innovative and entrepreneurial environment and have a information technology and scientific bent.
An understanding of the New Zealand research sector would be an advantage. Preference will be given to those who are able to point to their success as a developer of teams and who have honed their skills in a high-tech or research-intensive environment.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
- Legal contract expertise within contract-based organisation's and teams
- Understanding of advanced ICT infrastructures and technologies
- Working knowledge of video conferencing technologies and other collaborative information technologies e.g. document sharing systems
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou | What we offer
We offer an opportunity within New Zealand’s leading University that will have a positive impact on the lives of students. We also offer:
- Five weeks’ annual leave per annum
- Up to 6.75% employer superannuation contribution
- Over 300 different career development courses and programmes
- Discounted parking and various leisure and recreation services
- A diverse and inclusive working environment
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
For more information and to apply online, visit the Univeristy of Auckland job posting.