Call for HPC Access Proposals - September 2013
- Visit /applyforaccess or click the button on the top-right hand side of the main menu
- If you are new to NeSI, you will be invited to create a researcher profile.
- Select the allocation class that applies to you.
- Fill in and submit the form.
About our Allocation Classes
Access to our HPC facilities is provided under allocation classes:
- Proposal Development is for projects which formative or new. Use this allocation class to evaluate your software on NeSI’s facilities, gather preliminary results for a funding application and to assess which HPC facility suits your problem the best.
- Postgraduate enables students to access the HPC facilities without needing to provide evidence of scientific merit for the project.
- Research is for established research projects. Research groups are granted very large allocations to conduct their research and are eligble for in-depth, expert support from NeSI staff.
Advice for researchers starting projects
The Proposal Development allocation class provides time at no cost on all of our facilities for evaluation and testing. NeSI provides a number of HPC facilities. Different problems perform differently on different machines. To get started on each of our facilities, talk to your project advisor once your application has been awarded.
We strongly recommend benchmarking on all of NeSI’s facilities. Understanding where your software runs fastest can greatly speed up your whole research programme.
Ask questions by attending the NeSI Virtual Office Hour
NeSI staff are hosting a video conference to field questions from the research community during 9-10am on Thursday, 12 September. If you have any questions relating to eligibility or suitability of NeSI to your research, do drop in for a few minutes for a chat.
This webpage will be updated when the video conferencing details are confirmed.
If you need any advice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.