Workshop: Using High Performance Computing to speed up your research - 14 October, Auckland
Learn how research can benefit from high performance computing. During the week beginning 14 October 2013 (actual date to be confirmed), Plant + Food Reseach will be hosting a workshop for researchers in the Auckland area about NeSI and its services.
The talking points for the workshop will be determined by interest from those who RSVP early. However, we expect that we will be able to spend time discussing the following:
- which services you are available to access
- how to gain access to those services
- how research is conducted with remote systems
- support offered to all researchers
- efficient data transfer between local and the facilities
- scientific visualisation options
- NeSI‘s support for Ph.D. students employed by a research organisation
We will also make time available to discuss specific research problems with the participants of the workshop.
The visit is aimed primarily at scientists and other researchers. Due to the nature of NeSI, we expect interest from IT staff, however we will not be addressing technical integration at this meeting.
We expect that the workshop will include researchers from at least AUT University, Callaghan Innovation, Plant + Food, ESR, Massey University, NIWA and the University of Auckland.
Introduction to NeSI
Research on NeSI
One on One Consultations