NeSI's Solutions Manager role is a services and infrastructure leadership position suiting a strategically minded and hands-on technologist keen to enable and enhance research through applying advanced computational technologies. This role will see you:
- Provide technical leadership and management to the HPC Solutions service line team (Scientific Programmers, Analysts, Application Support Specialists and Solution Architects) and continue to build the technical team required to deliver to NeSI’s aspirations;
- Lead solutions design and delivery that enables NeSI and researchers to overcome performance challenges, establishing a leadership position for NeSI’s services and partnerships;
- Lead NeSI’s services development and delivery approaches to support high performance computing, cloud computing, and research data services;
- Provide strategic planning and vision for the adoption of innovative solutions that further our HPC capabilities.
- Build partnerships with research communities and their institutions, and work with research and information technology stakeholders to identify and promote strategic research sector needs and opportunities;
- Support the preparation of reports for the Board and key stakeholders as well as budget preparation and management.
This is a specialised role requiring a solutions design background in either a High Performance Computing or research/complex computing environment; and a strong track record in scientific research, software and computing systems leadership and management. You’ll have gained your experience in a specialised and performance oriented research computing environment, and ideally have knowledge of HPC, eResearch or Research IT environments at least equal in complexity and scale to NeSI and the broad research sector mandate NeSI supports. Your educational background will include a postgraduate degree in a computationally intensive field of science; e.g engineering, quantitative social science, computational physics or chemistry.
As an effective leader, you’ll gain the respect of the team because you’re technical by training, but you’re also that rare breed that understands the human element and aspires to manage and motivate a team. You’ll have the commercial nous to work effectively in a joint venture environment, and the communication skills to foot it with the wider team, the research communities and institutions as well as the user community.
If you’re interested in leading edge technology and scientific research this role may be your next move. Over the past year NeSI has been central to significant research outcomes including: supporting researchers to highlight the range of environmental pressures that the Ross Sea region of Antarctica faces and confirmation of ground breaking theoretical physics research info formation of gases into droplets.
These are just two of our success stories. Join us in creating more as we continue to innovate and support the research community in New Zealand and beyond.